Everything About Canada Student Visa Requirements
Studying abroad has gradually become a global phenomenon, with students crossing countries, continents, and oceans to get the best education possible. Especially in India, students are keen to move outside the country and consider Canada as their first preference. Every year.
Canada has proved itself to be worthy of being counted among the best study destinations around the globe and that’s why it welcomes hundreds of thousands of international students. When you are studying in Canada, you invest in your future.
Though the quality of education and standard of living in Canada is on par with all the developed nations, the cost of education and living in Canada is significantly less than in countries like the USA and UK. The tuition and the cost of living for an Indian student in Canada can differ based on several factors including location, institution, and the selected course.
The basic requirements for the visa application are discussed further so you can avoid unwarranted errors whilst submitting your Canadian visa application.
What is a Student Visa?
A student visa is the most important document issued by the government of Canada to a student who wants to pursue a course that lasts longer than six years. This allows international students to study at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) in Canada.
The student visa requires a few documents that need to be submitted during the process. A student visa application fee is around 8750 INR – 9000 INR. People usually require study permits for educational and job purposes in Canada.
The student visa will be allotted to the students only after their study permit is approved. A visitor visa along with a study permit is considered a study visa. In India, obtaining a Canadian Student Visa takes approximately 7 weeks and the length of the entire process is dependent on the number of applications IRCC approves or rejects.
Eligibility Requirements for Student Visa for Canada
The documents for a Canada student visa requirement are:
- Get enrolled in a Designated Learned Institution (DLI).
- The letter of acceptance from the university or institution should be attached to the study permit application.
- A valid passport that is linked to any of your identification documents such as an Aadhar card, voter identification, etc.
- Proof of funds to show your financial capacity of managing your tuition fees
- Possess a traveler exemption certificate stating that you are fully vaccinated.
- A letter of explanation to explain the reason for you to study in Canada and stating that you abide by the conditions listed on the study permit application.
- Provide your mark sheet on the English proficiency test i.e. IELTS
- Proof of your academic documents having information about your schooling, grades, conduct, and transfer certificate.
- Other documents such as medical certificates, police certificates, etc are requested by the Canadian government.
- The CAQ certificate – Certificat d’acceptation du Québec is an acceptance certificate issued by the Government of Quebec.
While a study permit is compulsory for almost every study program in Canada, there are certain exceptions. They are as follows:
- Short-term courses
- Family members of foreign representatives
- Foreign armed forces
- Registered Indians
- Foreign minors
Studying in Canada is a pathway to excellent education, better job opportunities, and the best future plans. If you have any doubts regarding your Canada Study Visa application or the process involved, you can connect with the visa experts at 5 River Immigration who can help you from visa application to acceptance. Whether you are looking for Canada express entry or a study permit, they are your one-stop solution.