Skip links

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class 

Canadian Experience Class Visa (CEC) is for candidates who have attained their skilled work experience in Canada and who wants to make Canada their permanent home now. Canadian Experience Class is in high demand for immigrants from all over the world. This country offers ample opportunities and high-quality life for all its immigrants, some even call Canada Land of Dreams. Applications under this program are processed through Canada Express Entry Selection System. Canadian Experience class (CEC) comes under Express Entry Program, Federal program manages by IRCC. All the applications under Express Entry have online applications.

Benefits of Canadian Experience Class:

  • Faster Visa processing, between 6-8 Months (approx.)
  • Proof of Funds (Settlement Fund) is not required for applicant.
  • Experience gained while working in Canada will be added as additional points towards CRS score of the applicant.
  • Family Visa i.e. Single visa for a Family.
  • Electronic Application system, no paper application.
Get your assessment

Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Visa applicant must have: (Minimum Requirements for visa)

  • 1 Years (12 months) of Full Time or equivalent Part-Time Paid work experience working in Canada;
  • Must have gained work experience in last 3 years before applying;
  • Experience must be in 1 or more National Code Occupation NOC (0 A or B);
  • Must have gained work experience legally with proper authorization. In case of Students have gained experience after graduating from the studies;
  • Experience gained working as self-employed
  • working as student or while working for a refugee decision “does not” count;
  • Experience gained while working in Quebec counts as well;
  • Must meet the language levels required in each language ability i.e. (Reading Writing Listening and Speaking) for applicable NOC. NOC “0” & “A” require CLB 7 NOC “B” require CLB 5;
  • Language proficiency must be met by an approved test. Also the test must not be older than 2 years.
  • There is no Educational requirement for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Settlement fund proof is not required (could be asked as additional requirement by IRCC agent).

Candidates need to show that while working in Primary occupation they performed the duties bases on the lead statement in Occupation described in NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidate can improve their CRS Comprehensive Ranking Score there by improving their rank in Express Entry pool via these 2 factors:

  • CRS Stands for Comprehensive Ranking Score. This is your completive score under Express Entry.  To know how express entry works click here: Express Entry
  • CLB Stands for Canadian Language Benchmark
  • Minimum requirement needs to be met before you qualify for the visa.

Language Factor

You can gain additional points if you exceed the minimum requirements of your Canadian Language Benchmark CLB in your required NOC (National Occupation Code).  The requirements are NOC “0 or A” CLB7 and NOC B CLB 5 in all four language abilities (reading, writing, listening and speaking).

  • Remember your test must not be older than 2 years and must be valid until you apply for Permanent Residency in Canada.

Proof of funds

You have to show proof expressing enough funds to support yourself and your family after reaching Canada. Unless

  • You have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada
  • Are currently able to legally work in Canada.

Education Factor

Although there is no educational requirement for Canadian Experience class program, however if you have completed education you can achieve additional points for that. Points are based as follow:

  • Schooling in Canada: You can get points for Completed certificate, diploma or credential in secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.
  • Schooling in Foreign: Completed Credentials and ECA
  • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a designated organisation showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
  • Designated organisations Such as WES, ICAS, IQAS, ICES, UOT, MCC, PEBC

Where you can live in Canada

You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers program.


You must be admissible to Canada.

Why 5 River Immigration

Job Alerts

We provide job alerts related to your occupation and build employer connections. This increases your chances of landing a skilled job and being invited to apply.

Preparing Your Application

We review your documents and create your application for express entry. A complete and accurate application can get more CRS Score.

Tracking of Application

We communicate with government on your behalf and track your application status.

Want to get your profile assessed?