Federal Skilled Trades
Federal Skilled Trades Program is for individuals who want to migrate to Canada based on qualified skilled trade. Federal Skilled trades is a Permanent Visa. You can easily make Canada your new home with your loved ones, if you possess skilled trades in qualified groups.
Let’s understand the eligibility criteria, groups and how it works:
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, you must:
- Meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening);
- Have at least 2 years of Full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the last 5 years before you apply;
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for needing a certificate of qualification, and
- Have a Valid Job Offer of Full-time employment for at least a period of 1 Year
- Certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial or federal authority.
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers.
- Up to two employers can commit to employing you for at least one year of continuous full-time work, meaning a total of at least 30 hours of work per week.
- In Canada, provinces and territories issue certificates of qualification in the skilled trades. To get a certificate, the provincial or territorial trades authority must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligible to write an exam to be certified.