Over the past few years, the number of skilled workers moving to Canada from USA has increased drastically. However, immigration to Canada is not that easy.
In 2019, 10,000 plus US permanent residents moved to Canada through express entry as compared to 2015 when just 600 US permanent residents immigrated to Canada from the US, it depicts a significant rise in immigration from 2015-2019. It is important to note that the express entry program remains active even during the covid-19 pandemic.
There are a number of permanent resident programs for those who are planning about moving to Canada from US. The express entry program helps you to find the most suitable program; the applicant requires to qualify for one of the federal economic immigration programs; however, every program has its unique system.
Federal Economic Immigration Programs
Canada invites around 60% of new permanent residents every year under three economic class immigration programs.
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Advantages of Moving to Canada from USA
There are ample benefits of USA to Canada immigration. Some of them are:
- Less Crime Rate: Canada is a much safer country than the US as it has strict gun control policies that lead to low violence and more safety.
- Healthcare Facilities: Canadian government provides free healthcare facilities to its PR (permanent residents) and citizens as well as to their family members. On the other hand, US citizens and permanent residents have to pay excessive medical bills.
- Educational Benefits: Canada has a world-class education system. Moreover, school and secondary education are free for Canadian permanent residents and citizens whereas the education system of the US is not that advanced and secure.
- Better Job Opportunities: Canada has a lower unemployment rate than the US. Besides job security, Canadians enjoy more work-life balance as average working hours in the office are 36-40 hours per week. Whereas in the US, it’s 47 working hours. The average annual salary is more in Canada as compared to the US. Also, Canada provides exceptional benefits to expecting parents.
Best Ways of Moving to Canada from USA
- Express Entry Programs
This program is the fastest and most accessible way to process visa applications if moving to Canada from US is your aim. Express entry draws usually take place twice a week. If your CRS score comes under the top-ranking applicants, you will get an invitation to apply. And if you are nominated by the Canadian province under the Provincial Nomination program, you may directly get up to 600 points which increases your chances of getting PR of Canada.
- The Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot was created for international workers who want to immigrate to any of Canada’s Atlantic Provinces: Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
To become eligible for this pilot, the candidate must have an acceptance letter from the Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) or have a valid job offer of a minimum of 1 year from one of the above-mentioned provinces. Also, the candidate must meet certain requisites led down in each program.
You may choose any one program from the following categories:
- The Atlantic High-Skilled Program;
- The Atlantic International Graduate Program;
- The Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program.
- The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
This Pilot was designed for international workers who are willing to work in smaller communities and have a job offer from one of 11 participating cities in Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Alberta. It is the fastest way of moving to Canada from USA as the Canadian government has temporarily lifted certain requirements for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) for employers who wish to hire temporary international workers.
If you wish to immigrate to Canada from the US or looking for a Canada Temporary Visa for moving to Canada from USA, reach out to 5 River Immigration, we’ll happily assist you.
Phone no: +1-780-729-2357