Canada is a developed nation and is regarded as one of the best countries in the world. It is ranked seventh on the UN’s Human development index in 2020 and there are numerous reasons why people choose Canada to relocate. Canada is considered as the”Land of Opportunities’ ‘ for newcomers.
The benefits of Canadian PR permanent residency are numerous, immigration to this country is thriving at a rapid speed, due to its easy to settle PR Programs. Owing to the various social benefits and lucrative job opportunities, a Canadian permanent residency could become your opportunity to grow your perfect future personally and professionally.
To know if you qualify for PR in Canada, Contact Us. Canada offers immigration programs at federal and provincial levels. Migrants willing to move to the country can opt for Canada Express Entry or Non-Express Entry programs. If you are planning to settle in a particular province or have friends and family in a province you can choose to settle through PNP programs. Each province has its own Express Entry programs. To Learn more click here: Canada is the most popular move-in destination among migrants from all over the world.
Did you know: Canadian Permanent Residents share almost the same rights and responsibilities as Canadian citizens except they cannot cast votes or run for public office while in PR status, which you can avail once you become a Canadian citizen.
What is a Permanent Resident & Why Permanent Residency?
A permanent residency is a resident visa to stay permanently in Canada. It gives you the status: residents of Canada, so you can call Canada your home. You can enter and exit Canada on the same visa without having the trouble of renewing/replacing your visa over and over again. Just remember to complete your residency requirements , Most importantly is to complete 730 days of stay in Canada out of 1825 days*. Completing residency could become a challenge for people who often fly out of Canada on extended trips. If you wish to know how you can complete your residency period in Canada and maintain your PR status, contact us: 30 mins consultation is “Free”.
Permanent residents avail the same facilities and have the same access to jobs as Canadian citizens. Permanent resident visa gives you residency status in Canada. It is an acknowledgment of your extended stay in Canada by the Canadian government. Your permanent residence is given to you for a period of five years from the date you enter Canada. You may wish to apply for citizenship once you have lived in Canada for three out of five years. You need to apply for PR extension if you choose to extend your PR status after 5 years,you can extend your permanent residency without limit.
Benefits of Permanent Resident in Canada
Here we will discuss the most important benefits of Permanent Resident in Canada.
- Free Education for Children – As a permanent resident of Canada, you enjoy the right to free education in a Canadian public school system if you are under the age 18 years. French and English are Canada’s official languages, so you can choose to study in a French or English immersion school.
- Reduced School Fees for Adults: The Canadian education system has three levels – primary, secondary, and higher education. In addition, tuition fees are dramatically reduced for permanent residents when it comes to university education. Adults over the age of 18 years on PR Residency Visa have to pay one-third of what temporary residents pay to study here in canada.
As for colleges and universities, adult students on PR status are able to apply for scholarships and funding as any other Canadian student.
- Social Benefits – Apart from the better standard of living and high quality of life, you can also avail of benefits in the form of tax rebates. For families with children under the age of 18 who have a low income, the Canadian authorities provide tax-free monthly payments to help cover expenses. With such benefits, it is easy to earn a taxable income in Canada and expect a better standard of living.
- Canada has recently introduced Interim Dental Benefits on Dec 1, 2022 for Kids under the age of 12 years. The benefit amount is of upto $1300 CAD (2 payments for 2 years)* The benefit is available for expenses in between Oct 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 Contact us to know more:
- The Canadian Government was applauded for giving CERB benefits during Covid-19 to its PR and Citizens. The monetary benefit of CERB that the Canadian government provided to its residents made Canadian’s cover their livelihoods during COVID-19 period.
- Healthcare Benefits – As a permanent resident in Canada, you will have access to Canada’s universal health care benefits. For every Canadian permanent resident, medical care is free. Yes, Canada offers its permanent residents world-class health care, and they need not spend even a single penny.
- Freedom to live anywhere – Canada’s permanent residency allows you to move outside, inside, or remain in Canada. It grants you the freedom to move and take up residence in any other province as well. You can start a new job, a new opportunity, or other types of livelihood opportunities throughout the country. If you have applied for PR through PNP, you have to abide by PR residency rules of the particular province that nominated you/ granted you PR Visa.
- Safe environment – Canada is a safe and secure destination to settle and immigrants with permanent residency in Canada have all the rights under Canadian Charter 6 to be protected by the authorities. For people who prioritize safety, this is the most important benefit of living in Canada.
Being a permanent resident of Canada surely does offer many benefits. If you are looking to apply for a PR in Canada, you can apply for an Express Entry Visa or PNP to the Country to enjoy these perks. It is necessary to opt for the Canada PR visa process under the guidance of a reliable immigration consultancy to have a hassle-free relocation process and 5 River Immigration offers you the same.
For any queries, contact us directly!