Canada’s latest express entry draws were held on April 29, 2021, at 10:34:05 UTC, in which 6000 Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants were invited by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). In the draw, 400 was set as the minimum score to receive the Invitation To Apply (ITA).
- Canada issued an Invitation to Apply to the top 6000 candidates for permanent residence.
- The cut-off score of 400 was set to be eligible for the Invitation To Apply (ITA).
- The candidates with the maximum score get an ITA for permanent residence in an Express Entry invitation round.
- In case two or more applicants have the lowest score, the cut-off score is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
The Comprehensive Ranking Score required for Invitation to Apply or lowest ranking score has slightly dropped from the previous round of express entry draw held on April 15, 2021, from 417 to 400. The minimum score of 400 was the third-lowest cut-off for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) since the pandemic started.
The CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) started the express entry program in 2015 to boost immigration services. This also overcame the discrepancies of the previous ‘First Come First Serve’ System. The express entry program draws applications at regular intervals to summon immigration applications. The express entry program caters to fill the gap of skilled workers shortage in Canada; hence it involves immigrating economically sustainable candidates.
The Express Entry program is applicable for three classes, The Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC). To qualify for CEC, the applicant requires at least one year of work experience in Canada. The work experience can include part-time work as well, but the tenure of the experience increases in that case.
In the above-mentioned programs and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs), scores for the candidates will be provided based on the Comprehensive Ranking System. The score will be provided based on the candidate’s human capital factors: education, age, ability to speak English and French language, and work experience.
Generally, IRCC organizes Express Entry draws twice a week. IRCC rewards French-speaking candidates are entitled to 25 extra CRS points in this draw for their language proficiency, and candidates who can speak two languages, English and French, will now be allowed 50 points.
If there is a tie between two or more candidates, the tie-breaking rule will be applicable. For this particular draw, the applicant must have submitted the Express Entry profile by 15:24:49 UTC on April 24, 2021. In 2021, Canada issued 49,024 ITAs until April 1, with 46,708 ITAs for the Canadian Express Class.
Having a full application package is necessary to increase your chances of receiving an invite to the application. Fully verified documents with information supporting your educational qualification, work experience, and financial stability play an important role in increasing your score. Only the candidates with the best ranks are invited to apply for permanent Canadian citizenship.
Here is an imaginary example of a candidate who may have been invited to apply for permanent residency today.
- Anuj, originally from India, is 26 years old.
- He completed his master’s degree in International Policy Framing in 2018 from Canada itself.
- He got a 3 years’ work visa to find employment in Canada.
- For these 3 years, Anuj worked as a full time Researcher in a Canadian University.
- He applied for the Express Entry Program.
- Anuj’s CRS of 478 in the current draw would make him eligible for ITA.
To enhance your chances of successful immigration, it is always advised to consult an immigration expert. If you are willing to apply for Canadian citizenship, then contacting Immigration service agencies like 5 River Immigration can help. It also assists the aspiring immigrants to have regular updates on immigration. Contact 5 River Immigration now and reach out to an immigration expert to assist you throughout your application process.